Thursday, September 18, 2014

September - 2014



We have already started the third week of school! We’re off to a good start. It’s a nice group of kids and, since it’s my second year at the school, I have a better sense of what to do and expect. I have decided to make the most of this year.
We attended some fun events in the last few weeks. A benefactor got us tickets to the Michigan State Fair, which included access to all the tents and the circus. It was partially a 4H club fair, so we saw horses, alpacas, cows, and other farm animals. This was interesting to me, as I am from a suburb in the New York metropolitan area. It was like seeing another world! I saw how a sheep is sheared for the first time. It was a nice way to celebrate the Labor Day weekend before school started, and it’s always a good experience to do something different.
This past weekend we went to a celebration for Felician Sisters in a local parish. It was hosted by the Knights of Columbus, who wanted to thank our sisters for their service to the church and school there. There were sisters there from the central convent out here, where many of our older sisters from the area live. Several local homes were also there. We got there early to help set up and then were “runners” for the Bingo game. Then we all had a buffet-style dinner. It was great to get together with the other sisters from different convents, for us all to get out of the house and to have fun! All of the sisters there seemed to be having a wonderful time.
Yesterday, I got sad news about my grandfather back in New Jersey. He had been in a Veterans Hospital in hospice care for the last month. He went to the Lord yesterday at 1:30 PM. I was able to go to see him several times when I was visiting home in mid-August, and I am grateful that I took the time to say goodbye while I was there. I will not be going home for the wake and funeral, but a sister friend of mine who lives in New Jersey will represent me at at least one of them. Please pray for my grandfather and our family at this sad time

1 comment:

  1. Very Sorry about the loss of your Grandfather -
    Requiem Aeternam dona ei Domine
    Et lux prepetua luceat ei
    Requiescat in pace. Amen

    ReplyDelete