Saturday, March 22, 2014

March Update


Our convent seems to be the place to be these days! First my temporary professed director stays with us for a weekend and then one of the sisters' brother and sister (blood relations, not religious life) came to visit. We have also had dinner guests, such as people from our council (leadership sisters) and a priest friend of one of the sisters. Then, too, the niece of one of the sisters here was waiting for her apartment to be ready for her and she stayed with us for a few weeks. She has since moved in but she still comes for dinner sometimes or joins us for events. 

The visits go well, and we have a good time. The convent has a "your family is my family" and "your friends are my friends" approach to life that is warm and open to others. Everyone is welcome and everyone is family, which I appreciate. It does get busy, though, and kind of crazy when it is overstimulating. This is an interesting place for an introvert to live. I do enjoy it most of the time and know that it's good to be pulled out of myself. 

My temporary professed director, Sr. Barbara Marie, came to check me (and us) out over here. She joined in our daily routine here easily and was a joy to have around. She seemed to find our boisterousness to be a little much at times! She visited my classroom for a while, and saw me in action. All in all, it seemed to go well.

1 comment:

  1. Has God sent a prophet? www.thewarningsecondcoming.com
    Be sure to read about the “Seal of the Living God” found on the homepage links - *a Biblical reference to this topic: Rev. chapter 7

    ReplyDelete