Sunday, March 27, 2022

A short autobiography

Hello, all! I wrote this brief autobiography for a program I've joined (more on that later!) and wanted to share this with you. 

Blessings,

S. Grace

I was born in 1980, the oldest of three daughters. My father, a podiatrist, was in medical school when I was young. We moved several times and my sisters and I were born in three different states: New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and California. 

We always had pets in the house. My mom believes that it’s important to “save a life” so we got our cats and dogs at the local animal shelter. I definitely get my love of animals from Mom! She was also keen on us being involved in activities. I took horseback riding for several years and all kinds of dance classes. My favorite was tap, though I was never very good at it. 

I joined religious life when I was 27. By then I had my Bachelors degree in French and my Masters in Elementary Education and had taught for five years. Having joined the Secular Franciscan Order in graduate school, it felt natural for me to choose a Franciscan community, the Felician Sisters. 

For as long as I can remember, I’ve been an avid reader. I was thrilled when the Felicians sent me back to school for a Masters in Library and information Science. Right now I use that degree to be an archivist for my religious community but would also love to work in a library one day. I was always an enthusiastic student in school, interested in learning as much as I could. I consider myself a lifelong learner. 


No comments:

Post a Comment