Tuesday, June 2, 2015

Busy month of May



We are celebrating May as a month that is truly dedicated to the Blessed Mother. The school and the Catechism class had May Crowing. The students sang hymns to Mary and prayed the rosary together. In my Religion classes, we are starting class by praying a decade of the rosary. The students are also working on Mary altars. They use shoeboxes, votive candles, rosary beads, and an image of the Blessed Mother to make the Mary altar. We will display them in the hallway outside the 4th grade classrooms. They are often very sweet and pretty to look at; other students and teachers stop to admire them. I've already had a few handed in early and they are lovely! 

We are getting ready to move out of our convent. Two of the sisters that I live with are preparing to move to a row house that they are leasing in Detroit. Another sister and I are packing and cleaning for our own moves. Felicity is going to a city that is 45 minutes away and I am going to Pittsburgh. This is the first weekend that I have had a chance to pack, and it's about time! I am driving my belongings out there next week. Once I got started, though, it wasn't hard to do it. Especially when I started giving away, throwing away, and recycling things! 

No comments:

Post a Comment