Monday, September 2, 2019

Poetry from my retreat

When I take the time to reflect in silence and solitude, poetry often comes out. Today I was reading through the journal I kept during my summer retreat, and found myself lingering on my prose.

Sunrise
Morning seeps in slowly
a drop of ink spreading on canvas.
Warm, rosy hues
spread gradually across
shadowed blue.

Twilight
Gentle twilight
a subtle muting of color
the day fading
with peaceful resignation
drifting into evening
a sleepy child
in her Father's arms.

Good morning
Flapping birds twitter
the lake ripples and reflects
under the caress of wind and sun.
Geese preen
shaking water off their pinfeathers.
Mug in hand I observe them,
greeting the new day.

Dramatic Creation 
Thunder growls in the distance
as the gathered gray thickens and darkens.
Branches sway with whipping movement.
A fierce presence,
bracing and bold,
nature unleashing new reality,
freshness coming
on the heels of destruction.

Simple Living 
Yellow (YLLW)
warm from the Source
centered in Love--
a way of life,
both direct and direction,
witness for all to see.
Rooted and grounded,
living from the center.
Simplicity.


No comments:

Post a Comment