Saturday, September 14, 2019

The Felician Congregation

The Felician Sisters is an international congregation, with a presence in Poland, Brazil, Kenya, United States, Canada, Haiti, and more. It's something that I know, but recently I got to experience it. The Enfield central convent, where I live, hosted a meeting with sisters from different provinces, about how we train new members and help them become Felician. As a newer member, I was invited to share about my own experience of discerning my call to religious life. I participated in the meeting, but I also got to get to know the sisters when they joined us for meals and fun activities. I also connected with them when I showed them around town. It was a blessing to connect to the larger congregation in such a personal way.

Some pictures!

The sisters had a lot of fun dancing together!


Our group photo 


Playing Bingo together with our visiting sisters


Getting ready for the meeting 


Another table of sisters is ready for the meeting


We were able to communicate because we had a translator. Sister Eliana did a terrific job! 


The visiting sisters enjoyed meeting the chaplain, Fr. Mitchell. 

No comments:

Post a Comment