Monday, July 6, 2020

My Retreat

Hello! I hope you're having a blessed summer. 

It hasn't been easy to enjoy summer in the usual way. I think that's been everyone's experience! We're loosening up restrictions at the convent I live in, and sisters are taking their annual retreats. Each year, we take a six-day retreat, a time of prayer and reflection. The pandemic changed many of our travel plans, and numerous sisters went on retreat where they live. I knew that after all the time I spent staying home, I needed a change of scenery! When we had the option of going to our vacation cottage on the lake in Goshen, Massachusetts, I jumped at the chance. (The cottage was the generous donation of a priest who lived there. He left it to us in his will.)

Lake Hammond in Goshen
There's a small beach on the other side- a great place to pray!


The lake was especially peaceful on overcast days.



The wildflowers that grew were beautiful, and they reminded me to let God do the planting. When I get out of His way, amazing things happen! 

This rainbow appeared after a series of rainy days. It was especially meaningful because the day I saw it I had been reflecting about my relationship with God as a personal covenant with Him. Then, like Noah, I saw the rainbow! 






These are two examples of hidden beauty I found around me.

The time spent enjoying God's creation was a great blessing! I was able to relax, pray, and reflect on my relationship with God in my life. I left renewed and ready to live my Christian life better!


No comments:

Post a Comment