Saturday, September 12, 2020

Summer Reflection

 

 

As the summer was ending, I brought in a spiritual harvest. I read over the entries from my prayer journal, which I use for my morning meditation and Examen at the close of the day. In the morning, I meditate on the readings of the day's Mass, applying them to my life, going from the Gospel to life and from life to the Gospel. In the evening, I reflect on the Holy Spirit's presence in that day, recognizing its joys, feelings, strengths, and weaknesses. 

I found patterns in the takeaways, themes that emerged with repetition over time. This revealed the personal growth and spiritual blessings of the summer of 2020. 

I grew in a few ways. I became more creative and flexible, focusing more on the journey than on outcome. I tried to be more open and was blessed by my efforts to embrace newness. I also grew in assertiveness, engaging with the messy emotions of daily life and dealing with them more directly. Another area of personal growth was self-acceptance, as I became more gentle with myself and respectful of my nature. I noticed my needs and sensitivities, and how they touched all aspects of my life. 

There was spritual growth, too. I experienced consolation in the encouragement and peace I received from God. My prayer life nurtured my union with God, inspiring me and bearing fruit in my life. I adjusted my sense of balance, as the aspects of my life shifted. I also benefited from the relationships I had and the connections I have, finding God at work in multiple, powerful ways. 

I hope to take these gifts and graces into the fall with me, as I continue the journey with my God, my community, my family, and the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment